Foster, Rhode Island - The 52nd Annual PNA Golf Tournament was held on July 18th and 19th, 2014 at the Foster Country Club in Foster, Rhode Island. This Lodge 1770 in Coventry, Rhode Island was the host of the tournament and celebrated the Lodges 100th Anniversary.
The golfers had great weather for the two day event on Friday and Saturday.
At the awards ceremony on Saturday evening, Vice President Paul Odrobina was the Master of Ceremonies. He welcomed everyone that attended. Paul introduced Rev. Canon Anthony Iwuc who gave the Invocation and then introduced dignitaries attending or participating in the tournament, which included: Directors Val Pawlos who serves on the PNA Sports and Youth Committee; Commissioner of District I Jeannie Zapala, Former Vice President Stanley Jendzejec, Former Director Teresa Sherman, Former Commissioners Normand (Mickey) Vadnais and John Mailloux (District 1) and Richard Tyszkiewicz (District 8), Matt Bartkowski member of the Boston Bruins Hockey team and member of Lodge 1052 in Pittsburgh, and Rebecca Mailloux, Women's Golf Coach from Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Awards to the winners were presented by Vice President Odrobina with the assistance of Director Val Pawlos Special recogntions to the youngest and oldest golfers this year, who were Ian McDonald (16) and Adam Galaski (17) and to Stanley Jendzejec as the oldest golfer. The final award was the "Fraternalist Award" which went to Lodge 1770 in Coventry, Rhode Island having the most golfers participating in this year's tournament. This year the lodge had 22 golfers. Accepting the award was Arthur Legault a former house manager of Lodge 1770 and John Mailloux. The oldest Lodge member attending from Lodge 1770 was 94 year old John Zaborski whose father was one of the charter founding members of Lodge 1770. He was accompanied by his sister Wanda Pykosz.
Vice President Odrobina would like to thank the President of the Lodge Thaddeus Jendzejec, John Mailloux Lodge Secretary and Local Chairman of the Tournament and his Committee consisting of Ellis Beverly, Clifford Beverly, Charles Beverly, George Truman, Bob Yurovchak, Ray Krupa and Art Serpa.
1. Mark Pawlos, Pittsburgh, PA, Lodge 1052
2. Ron Rys, Dunkirk, NY, Lodge 1193
3. Eric Pawlos, Pittsburgh, PA, Lodge 1052
1. Donald Egbert, Dayton, OH, Lodge 1935
2. Ron Viskovicz, Burgettstown, PA, Lodge 1870
3. Carl Palastro Jr., Oak Dale, PA, Lodge 1052
1. Jeff Twardy, Pittsburgh, PA, Lodge 1052
2. Jerry Townsend, Kettering, OH, Lodge 1935
3. Paul St. Amand, West Warwick, RI, Lodge 1770
1. Paul M. Singleton, LaPorte, IN, Lodge 1120
2. Edward Blais, Coventry, RI, Lodge 1001
3. George Smith Jr., Coventry, RI, Lodge 1001
1. Syd Dillard, Coventry, RI, Lodge 1001
2. Thomas Pietrzak Jr., Dayton, OH, Lodge 1935
3. William Russell, LaPorte, IN, Lodge 1120
1. John M. Socha, West Warwick, RI, Lodge 1770
2. Ted Jendzejec, Cranston, RI, Lodge 1770
3. Alex Jendzejec, Arlington, VA, Lodge 1770
LADIES "CHAMPION" FLIGHT
1. Ashley St. Amand, West Warwick, RI, Lodge 1770
2. Terry Viskovicz, Burgettstown, PA, Lodge 1870
3. Monica Letta, Tallmadge, OH, Lodge 1099
LADIES "A" FLIGHT
1. Alyson St. Amand, West Warwick, RI, Lodge 1770
2. Patricia Smithers, Elmira, NY, Lodge 1094
3. Mary Ellen Jendzejec, York, ME, Lodge 1770